History of Judgeship BANDA (Uttar Pradesh)
Judgeship Banda was created by separation from Jhansi Judgeship in 1958. It is situated close to Collectorate Banda. There are four Court Buildings which are as under :-
- Old Building – It was constructed in 1835 which has now been declared as Heritage Building. The Court and offices of District Judge are running in this building. Offices include various sections such as Administrative Section, Nazarat, Account Section, Record Room and Copying Section etc.
- Multistory Court Building :- This court building was constructed in 1983-84. Several courts of Additional District Judges, Civil Judge (S.D.) , A.C.J.M. as well Civil Judge (J.D.) are running on its ground floor and Ist floor whereas Library and offices of several courts are located on its 2nd floor.
- C.J.M. Building : This Court Building is situated amidst court complex. Court and Office of Chief Judicial Magistrate are running in it. Computer Section is also the part of this building.
- F.T.C. Building :- This Court Building is also situated amidst Court Complex in front of heritage court building of District Judge, which includes five Court Rooms . At present , the Courts of one Additional District Judge and three Addl. Civil Judges (J.D.) are functioning in this building. The office of District Legal Services Authority is situated in front of this building.
Honourable District Court Website https://districts.ecourts.gov.in/banda